So you’re on the ultimate escape and now you’re hitting the beach. Make sure that everyone, especially the kids, have the perfect beach day with these simple lifehacks.
1. Pack some baby powder. Sand gets everywhere, but baby powder easily removes sand by sucking up moisture, so you won’t have to worry about taking sand with you everywhere you go. Say goodbye to sandy beach hands!
2. Go early or go late. If you go early in the morning, you can get your playtime in and then head back to grab some lunch. You can also go later in the day and watch the sunset on the beach. Going early or late means you avoid the times of the day when the sun is at its strongest.
3. Blow a balloon. Kids have a tendency to throw caution to the wind when they play in the water, so keep a deflated balloon handy. It sounds crazy, but if anyone gets water in their ears, blowing on a deflated balloon will help clear the water out.
4. Tattoos. Okay, so real tattoos are out of the question, but sun tattoos are not permanent and they’re pain-free! You can use sunblock to create cute designs, like hearts, flowers or smiley faces on skin. The sun will naturally tan the area around the sunblock. Just don’t forget to reapply sunscreen all over throughout the day!
5. Sand toys. The beauty of most resorts is that they have all kinds of awesome toys that are available for no extra charge. You can even request a toy menu in your room to pick which ones you want to play with at the beach. Then you can return them when you’re done and don’t have to worry about sandy toys in the room – or taking up precious space in your luggage.